[Wine] Re: The single major remaining Wine complaint everyone makes...

Timeout wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 23 07:24:07 CDT 2008

[/quote]
... on decently supported hardware.
[quote]

That's the problem. The user has to pick the hardware together and hope it works.

On windows, you can buy computer + keyboard + printer together in a package. Most people are not using more. Nobody even think about compatibility.

I tried to get my father to Linux, entered the SD card in the computer and card ruined.

Buying one Linux ... well (in Austria), I'm still waiting that the first hardware producer sells something with Linux as a set (I won't put it together myself like now anymore).

Linux will have only a chance when the end user forget what is a driver, because nobody wants to bother with that. Hardware compatibility is also important. I have a 4 years old printer with a Linux driver - which is failing to work because the driver is probably too old and there is no new. At least the Cups rpm driver is not installing.

Wine is really for people already wanting to take the step - for the rest - maybe later.