[Wine] Re: Ati Low Perfomance

mits wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 23 07:45:59 CDT 2008

using an ati 2600 mobility on hardy with fglrx 8.04, warcraft 3 works fine when run with wine 0.9.59 and the -opengl option
without the opengl option the graphics don't render correctly...

When I upgraded to 0.9.60 I got the drmMap of framebuffer failed error no matter if the -opengl option is being used. Some effects are missing too (the water on the main menu)
The difference is that when using opengl, the performance is fine as if direct rendering is being used (I do get the drmmap failed, reverting to indirect rendering error) and without -opengl the performance is horrible.

I'd also got the drmmap error and the missing water effect on an nvidia 5900, using gutsy, a month's old nvidia drivers and wine 0.9.59
Doesn't seem like an fglrx error...

PS: all other 3d stuff run fine on both cards