[Wine] Preference of Linux flavors

DRNewcomb wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 23 17:20:29 CDT 2008

I recently set up a Linux machine after several years of being stuck with only Windows. I've used Linux from as far back as when you had to load Slackware from a stack of floppies.  When I loaded Linux on my current machine I picked Fedora just because I was familiar with Red Hat.  Now, I'm beginning to question the wisdom that decision. Fedora seems a bit too Windows-like for my tastes. I'm currently leaning toward switching to Debian.  I understand that Debian normally is not the most bleeding-edge distribution and is fiercely dedicated to only distributing free software.  I see a lot of Wine applications reported for Ubuntu and was wondering if there's any particular reasons why I'd want to pick one distribution over the other for use with Wine?

I did use the search before posting.

OBTW, the PC is a 1.8 GHz AMD with a GeForce 4000 series GPU (NV18) and 1/2 GB of RAM if that makes any difference.