[Wine] Napster.......

Paul Johnson baloo at ursine.ca
Thu Apr 24 17:53:52 CDT 2008

On Thursday 24 April 2008 02:05:57 pm beardos wrote:
> Hello all.
> I'm new(ish) to the world of linux and am about to finally make the plunge
> and ditch windows completely. However, there's only one program that I want
> from windows that I use regularly and that is napster for it's music
> subscription service. It really is a brilliant service as the choice and
> variety can't really be matched. Now, I don't know if this is the right
> area to ask for things, but I was wondering if someone could some how majic
> it to work. I realise that there music comes in WMA format and has DRM
> infection in it, but is there anyway of playing these in Linux ATM or are
> is someone working on it to get it working??

WMA is patent-encumbered, the only tools that are free and clear of potential
infringement problems with this format are from Microsoft.

> I'd really love it to be the
> case that it does for then I can finally dump windows forever!

You can by boycotting sites that use formats that are defective by design, and
instead use sites that support your rights as a consumer.

- --
Paul Johnson
baloo at ursine.ca
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)