[Wine] Can wine change short date format?

Terryphi wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 25 06:03:52 CDT 2008

Since I updated to Ubuntu 8.04 yesterday I have lost the UK short date format DDMMYYYY and am having a real problem setting it system wide. (I now have the US MMDDYYYY format.)
Ubuntu 8.04 appears to ignore the LANG="en_GB.UTF-8" line in etc/environment which fixed the issue in 7.10.
The apps I run on wine all use the short date format so here is my question. Is it possible to make wine override the system settings and set its own short date format?