[Wine] Re: Testing basic direct x capability

qwertymn wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 25 15:11:53 CDT 2008

Can you see if it tries to run it or just checks for the file?

Does:
$ touch ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/dxdiag.exe
Fix gamezone?

Actually the name of the app is not gamezone but gameshadow (sorry):
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=8308

I don't remember if it just checks for the file, or tries to run it, and i cannot test now, as i'm on holiday and 9000 km away from my own computer ;)
But you could test it yourself, as it's a free download. If I remember correctly you need first copy a scrrun.dll to system32 and register it, and then you run into the bug about missing dxdiag.exe.