[Wine] Program Blocked?

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 22:48:55 CDT 2008

On 4/25/08, zx12 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> @James McKenzie: So, in the EU your allowed to crack software that does
> this? I will still think that anyone distributing cracked software would get
> busted.
>
> Then again, couldn't companies just add that people in the EU can't use
> their software in their EULA's?

How would they enforce it? They can only enforce something where they have a
presence, which in this case is Canada. If they were based in the EU, then
the program wouldn't need to be cracked in the first place. I'm not sure if
the cracking is legal in the EU, however. It's ironic, I'm taking a
political science class on the EU now, but I learn more about the EU from /.