[Wine] Printing to a network printer and installing PPD files

okie2003 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 26 12:23:09 CDT 2008

I hope I am not asking an obvious question. I have googled and looked in the obvious places, but I may have missed it. Anyway my question is two fold. How do I configure for a network printer in Wine and how to I install the printer specific ppd file?

I am running 0.9.60, which I installed this week, on Mepis (Debian based with KDE and cups). I can print from PageMaker, but get a warning that wine is using a generic ppd file.

I have found instructions for printers with ppd files for Crossover Office, but the directories don't seem to match. Also, most seem to be local printers. Also the WineHQ HowTo on the subject does not seem to match. For example I cannot find ~/.wine/config. The users manual simply says that the printer specific ppd file needs to be used.

Thanks in advance. Sorry to be so dense.