[Wine] Counter Strike: Source. Crashes upon joining game.

000dom000 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 26 12:43:07 CDT 2008

Hi. I am running Ubuntu 8.04 and wine 0.9.60.

I have got loads of steam apps to run including team fortress 2. However, when I join a game in Counter Strike: Source, as soon as I get to the team select, it freezes up, with the gunshot sounds repeating.

It then simply closes.

I looked on appdb and the main causes are alsa sound, and to make sure only alsa sound is selected in winecfg. I also disabled in game community in steam.

Here is what I get when running steam in terminal and then CounterStrike : Source crashing when I join a game.

http://pastebin.com/m6532684

Thanks for any help!