[Wine] No hide button in 0.9.60 ?

Zachary Goldberg zgs at seas.upenn.edu
Sat Apr 26 14:48:56 CDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Spuuk <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

>  Zachary Goldberg wrote:
>  > On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 11:18 AM, Spuuk <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>  >

> > > i am running flashfxp under wine now a while, recently i upgraded to kubuntu 8.04 and installed wine 0.9.60.
>  > >
>  > > I discovered that then there is no hide button anymore in FlashFXP.
>  > >
>  > > Onbly 2 Buttons to the left, the close and the maximize button.
>  > >
>  > > I then re-installed 0.9.59 and with that i get again the minimse button back, unfortunaly this version has a bug not displaying the program in the taskbar.
>  > >
>  > > I have then installed 0.9,58 version, with this one evrything works.
>  > >
>  > > So is this a new feature of the 0.9.60 or have i done something wrong ?
>  > > Some other programs has the minimise button , just can't see it on flashfxp.
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  >

> > Would it be possible for you to do a regression test to find out where
>  > the button goes missing?
>  >
>  > http://wiki.winehq.org/RegressionTesting
>  >
>  > --
>  > Zachary Goldberg
>  > Computer Science & Engineering
>  > Electrical Captain of Penn Electric Race Team
>  > School of Engineering at the University of Pennsylvania
>

>  Well, i did this and got the following :
>  ~/wine-git$ git bisect good
>  Bisecting: 271 revisions left to test after this
>  [732682b08cf3b64267045cf0ab051fb84af43aea] mshtml: Correctly handle NULL req in get_nscontainer_from_load_group.
>  ~/wine-git$
>
>  Dont know what do due next

You now need to compile wine, then test the program.  If it works then
do another "git bisect good", if it doesn't work then do "git bisect
bad".  Then again compile, test, etc. Until there it says something
other than "x revisions left".  It will tell you the exact revision
where there is a problem.  You should only have to do this process at
most 5 to 10 times.  (Maybe 15 or 20 minutes?  The first compile will
take a while but subsequent ones will be very fast)