[Wine] Re: Printing to a network printer and installing PPD files

okie2003 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 26 20:21:37 CDT 2008

Thanks for the reply. I am running PM 7, though it looks like you got the same results as I did. I did install the ppd file in the appropriate PM directory (/home/Rob/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Adobe/PageMaker 7.0/RSRC/USENGLSH/ppd4) just like in Windows in VB (C:\Program Files\Adobe\PageMaker 7.0\RSRC\USENGLSH\ppd4). PM is pretty much the only application that I print from from Wine. Just to see I opened Wordpad and printed a test page. The printer dialog box was the normal Windows dialog box. I would guess the difference is that PM recognizes the printer as a PostScript printer and looks for the ppd file.

This link http://www.la-sorciere.de/Wine-HOWTO/wineprintconfig.html talks about the need to configure for the ppd file, but I could not make sense of it.