[Wine] X3 Reunion sound+movies

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Apr 27 12:40:14 CDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 6:29 AM, Jochen <blackdrag at gmx.org> wrote:
>  X3 Renuion is listed in the databse as not having a working sound and
> movies. That's true, but I tried to overcome this. I noticed that a lot of
> problems come form the neraly not implemented amstream.dll. Since this is
> for streaming audio and video I thought that maybe installing the Windows
> Media Player might help here a bit. I used wine-doors to install WM6.4 and
> it did indeed provide an amtream.dll, but the game was not better... because
> the native amstream.dll was not used..

You might also try
  wget http://kegel.com/wine/winetricks
  sh winetricks wmp10

It might register the codecs better, who knows.  (And clean out your .wine
first, it's always better to start clean when trying to figure things out,
even though it means reinstalling apps.)

>  err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {94297043-bd82-4dfd-b0de-8177739c6d20} not
> registered

That's "WMVideo_Decoder_DMO", part of quartz.dll.

Good luck!