[Wine] Windows Help files

Marcel W. Wysocki maci at satgnu.net
Sun Apr 27 16:21:20 CDT 2008

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 09:00:59 -0700
"Dan Kegel" <dank at kegel.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 8:42 AM, vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> > > why not port it using winelib ?
> >
> >  That's a bad idea. Winelib is not stable enough to be suitable for any real ports.
> >  If you look at such attempts in the past they all ended up in disaster
> > for both users, who couldn't use newer Wine versions and vendors
> >  who ended up trying to support multiple incompatible Wine versions.
>
> Wow, for once Vitamin and I kind of agree on something :-)
>
> See the Bricscad case study at http://kegel.com/wine/isv/#case-studies
> for details.
> - Dan

thanks for the infos, til know i thought one could easily port his win32 apps to unix via wineleb as long as you dont use any fancy stuff and stick to standard functions.

is it likely this situation will change anytime soon ?
not that i'd ever develop a win32 app but im just curious

--
Marcel W. Wysocki <maci at satgnu.net>