[Wine] Problem running applications on Kubuntu 7.04

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 18:30:46 CDT 2008

2008/4/28 vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org>:
>  Khensu wrote:

>  > Wine came with Internet Explorer. I also installed FLV Player and the Orion Platinum demo to test.

>  Eh? Wine doesn't come with "internet explorer" per see. What Wine version? (run 'wine --version') If it's not wine-0.9.60 or at least wine-0.9.59 upgrade.

The thing that runs when you type in "wine iexplore", that doesn't
actually have an interface yet. The complete lack of an interface
confuses people. (Hint to the confused: try "wine iexplore
http://www.bbc.co.uk/" and you'll see the BBC page come up, and you
can right-click for a menu. Anyone want to write the interface? :-) )

- d.