[Wine] Cad/Cam Package problem

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Apr 28 07:29:24 CDT 2008

FrankN <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I've installed Alphacam with Wine version 0.9.58 and the
> Advanced Lathe module seems to work fine with no bugs so far,
> the Advanced Mill 3axis and 5 axis modules work ok
> but with Quick Shading and Advanced Shading of 3D models
> the active drawing screen goes blank but is restored when
> I go back to Wire Mesh surfaces,
>  also when I select a tool from the tool select pop up screen
> to do a tool path the programs shut down with no error messages.

To diagnose crashes like that, we usually ask for a log.
Try running the app like this:
  WINEDEBUG=+seh,+relay foo.exe > log.txt 2>&1
and then get the crash to happen as quickly as possible
(to keep the log short).  Then compress the log and upload
it somewhere for us to look at.

It would be a lot easier if we had a copy of the app to try ourselves,
but looking at licom.com, it seems they don't have demos.
- Dan