[Wine] Re: Who asking users to install native DirectX?

Tlarhices wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 28 08:22:21 CDT 2008

[quote="Dan Kegel"]
Right.  Usually.
It would probably help if winetricks supported grabbing just the needed DLL
for the user.   If anyone has suggestions for the right recipe, I'm all ears.
Ideally it would involve a download from microsoft.com, rather than some
dodgy dll archive site.[/quote]

You could take the redist version from microsoft website, using cabextract on the exe and once again cabextract on the cab containing the dlls. It's not subtle but it works, but I think the question is : does it respect the license ?
There is no license on the download page, just a list of supported operating systems.