[Wine] Wine memory problem

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Apr 28 09:18:31 CDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 6:26 AM, sumo <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>  Very good. How works preloader for servers with physical memory < 3GB?

The preloader has nothing to do with physical memory.
You still don't understand the difference between address space
reservation and physical memory allocation.

>  I need to correct source texts of wine to reduce by the my
> risk quantity reserved virtual memories.
> What files are necessary for modification?

If you really can't change your kernel, then you're somewhat
screwed.  To find out how screwed, try commenting out the line
    { (void *)0x7f000000, 0x02000000 },  /* top-down allocations +
shared heap */
in loader/preloader.c.
- Dan