[Wine] Wineserver causing heavy CPU load

Bad2theBone wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 28 16:35:20 CDT 2008

I am running Fedora 8  uname -r = 2.6.24.4-64.fc8 on my box with Wine 0.9.58. When I first installed it I noticed that my CPU usage jumped and stayed at 100% with wineserver taking > 85%. I killed the wineserver process and it dropped down, however it soon jumped back up when wineserver restarted itself. I then killed it again and all related processes and disabled it from starting as a damen at boot time. Is there anything that I should be looking for to fix this? Also is there any real advantage of running wineserver all the time as a damen?

TIA
Scott