[Wine] Re: Copying error messages text to the clipboard in Wine 0.960

NN wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 28 20:59:28 CDT 2008

Attempting to capture an error message from TMG7 http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=10500 when the program sometimes throw up an error box titled "Microsoft Visual FoxPro". I did manage to get a screenshot.

Dan Kegel wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 5:22 PM,
> Yes, if you can copy them like that in Windows.
>
> Many error boxes aren't selectable even under Windows.
> For those, you have to either get a screenshot or run with
> WINEDEBUG=+text
> and pick the message out of the log.

Managed to find this http://weblogs.asp.net/chuckop/archive/2004/04/08/110153.aspx
So the error box may be generated and handled by the application.

Will try that next time.

Thank you