[Wine] rsyncing Wine fails

David Shaw dj.shaw at btconnect.com
Tue Apr 29 03:29:56 CDT 2008

Dan Kegel wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 3:33 PM, David Shaw <dj.shaw at btconnect.com> wrote:
>
>>  it chokes when it gets to the .wine folder - I/O error on every single file
>> and folder within .wine - trying a simple
>>
>>  cp -r /home/david/ /media/Portable/backup/
>>
>>  has the same effect.  This is repeatable and only .wine is affected - which
>> is why I wonder if it could be something about the way Wine is set up.
>>

> Not terribly likely...
> What filesystem is your backup volume?
> Does it allow filenames that start with . ?
> i.e. does
>    touch /media/Portable/backup/.foobar
> succeed?

It's formatted to ext3 and does support .file filenames.  I didn't
really expect it to be Wine's fault - it's just the fact that it's only
happening when rsync gets to .wine that planted the seeds of doubt - I
just wanted to make certain before I started poking into my filesystems.

Many thanks,

David
//