[Wine] Run service on Wine?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Apr 30 14:21:38 CDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 12:17 PM, MichaelZ <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> OK, but I need to run a service on Linux machine even without any Wine
> application running. Because the service allows client machine to access
> it from different machines.

That should be fine.

> If this feature is by design, I think this should be changed as in my case I only want the service running on Linux machine.

What feature are you talking about?

You should be able to run the service as a normal user even
when nobody is logged in.  You may need to provide a
dummy X server to make Wine happy, as it seems to
have trouble running without X these days (grrr).

You might have to tell us a bit more about your service
for us to advise you correctly...
- Dan