[Wine] Windows Firefox for running abc.com videos

jyanek wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 30 21:04:32 CDT 2008

I am trying to get Windows Firefox v2.0.0.14 to run abc.com videos (to watch Lost episodes).  I am currently using Ubuntu 8.04, with Wine 0.9.60.  It crashes in trying to start to run a video.  It will browse OK, and even make it to the abc.com site.  However, when I try to run a video, it crashes.  specific error is:

"Move Media Player.  The Plugin performed an illegal operation"

This was working using Ubuntu 7.10 with Wine 9.4x (not sure which version it was, perhaps 9.46?).  I do not know how to downgrade wine to work with Ubuntu 8.04 ... tried it and the repository gave me an error, probably since I'm using Ubuntu 8.04.

Thanks for the help.   I am trying to get a "turnkey" solution to work so my wife can easily watch the videos.  I can use VirtualBox to do this (works fine), just too many steps.  Wine was slick.  One click and I was there!

Please help.
Thanks,
Jay