[Wine] Re: Windows Firefox for running abc.com videos

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 30 21:55:07 CDT 2008

jyanek wrote:
> I am trying to get Windows Firefox v2.0.0.14 to run abc.com videos (to watch Lost episodes).  I am currently using Ubuntu 8.04, with Wine 0.9.60.  It crashes in trying to start to run a video.  It will browse OK, and even make it to the abc.com site.  However, when I try to run a video, it crashes.  specific error is:
>
> "Move Media Player.  The Plugin performed an illegal operation"

First make sure you killed pulseaudio - it conflicts with Wine.
Second - did you tried to rename ~/.wine directory and reinstall everything?

If you still have the problem - paste output from the terminal.

And last but not the least - why don't you try using native FireFox? As far as I can see everything works just fine.