[Wine] Re: How do I install in .wine/drive_c/program files?

Theo Tulley wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 1 13:13:29 CDT 2008

I have now succeeded in installing Family Tree Maker 2006 - first in Projects, then by cut & paste into the correct location. It has opened (in response to a command) but at first it could not access my own file created by the program. I could browse to it in my old Windows data, but a small box said it couldn't be found

I copied my own FTW file into Documents in my (Linux) home folder and tried to open it - but I got a box reporting "Runtime Error! This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for information".

That happened twice.

I don't think the team at Ancestry are very sympathetic to Open Source software.

Please help! This program is reported to run under wine in the AppDB list.