[Wine] Networking problems with IDU Verwaltung software

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Mon Aug 4 10:46:48 CDT 2008

> First try get rid of first error message:
>
> 'WINEPREFIX=/tmp/test wget http://kegel.com/wine/winetricks && sh
> winetricks vcrun2005'

The package comes with its own vcredist_x86.exe (for Win XP SP1 --
which I've installed).  The message

  fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent
               assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT"

is still there.

> For the second one, you should install the winbind package as
> suggested by the terminal output. (For Fedora for example it's
> called "mod_auth_ntlm_winbind.i386", you can install it with yum,
> but probably you're using another distro?)

Aah, I completely misunderstood the message.  On openSuSE, the package
is called `samba_winbind', and it comes with the `ntlm_auth' binary.
Perhaps the message

  err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated.
                              Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in
                              your path.

should be reformulated as

  err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP The `ntlm_auth' binary was not found or
                              is outdated.  Make sure that ntlm_auth
                              >= 3.0.25 is in your path.

or something like this.

> Now install the app again and run it again (e.g. ,
> 'WINEPREFIX=/tmp/test wine installer_of_the_app.exe' etc etc) if the
> error messages are gone, and you still can't connect post console
> output again.

Now, there is only the message mentioned above on the console.
However, the program still can't connect.

    Werner