[Wine] incorrect command line parameters

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 12:42:45 CDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 1:34 PM, Melenor <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> example, would be installing a .Net update that would allow me to play a game,
You should check appdb for .Net. There are only a few versions that work.

> aslo when i tried to install steam, in msi format.

And for steam check here (if you did not already):

http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?versionId=1554

> no shell.

Anytime you have problems running something in wine the first step is
to try your command in the shell so that if it fails you can post
error messages here so that we can possibly help. Without some wine
output it is difficult if not impossible to help.

John