[Wine] changed windows ver to 3.1: now wine, winecfg & regedit hang

VOLKOV9 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 5 14:38:48 CDT 2008

Greetings.

My problem is that using winecfg, I changed the Windows version to 3.1, and now nothing wine-related will load.  The first thing I tried produced an error message that I neglected to save anywhere, and I have not been able to reproduce it.  Since then, every time I try to run anything wine from a launcher, nothing seems to happen (though ps -e shows the process running), and when I try it from the command line, it just hangs.  This includes winecfg and regedit.  So I don't know what to do.  Can anybody help?

Thanks.