[Wine] Re: Call of Duty 4 black screen and error

espinosa_cz wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 5 19:19:40 CDT 2008

Just to remark - I have demoversion of CoD4:MW not the full game.
I made no suggested performance changes (ie LOD textures).
I reinstalled again the whole game, cleared .wine and tried.
This time there was no dialog, just a black screen, resolution change and then and then usual error. The log is shorten but the error is the same.

Code:

[espinosa at pavilon Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare Demo]$ wine iw3sp.exe
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f92c,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:WineD3D_ChoosePixelFormat Add OpenGL context recreation support to SetDepthStencilSurface
fixme:d3d:WineD3D_ChoosePixelFormat Add OpenGL context recreation support to SetDepthStencilSurface
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DVolumeImpl_LockBox (0xc245338) : pBox=(nil) stub
fixme:d3d:WineD3D_ChoosePixelFormat Add OpenGL context recreation support to SetDepthStencilSurface
fixme:d3d9:IDirect3DDevice9Impl_CreateSurface (0x16faf0) call to IWineD3DDevice_CreateSurface failed
fixme:d3d9:D3D9CB_CreateSurface (0x16faf0) IDirect3DDevice9_CreateSurface failed
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_CreateTexture Failed to create surface  0x111c5b20
fixme:d3d9:IDirect3DDevice9Impl_CreateTexture (0x16faf0) call to IWineD3DDevice_CreateTexture failed
Segmentation fault
[espinosa at pavilon Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare Demo]$