[Wine] Re: Which Wine Download?

[email protected] wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Aug 7 08:01:58 CDT 2008

Dellji at yahoo.com wrote:

> John Drescher wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 8:04 PM, Dellji at yahoo.com
> > <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Zac,
> > > I tried your PCLinuxOS script and I am getting the following error messages
> > >
> > > configure: error: X development files not found. Wine will be built
> > > without X support, which probably isn't what you want. You will need to install
> > > development packages of Xlib/Xfree86 at the very least.
> > > Use the --without-x option if you really want this.
> > > make: *** No rule to make target `depend'.  Stop.
> > > make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
> > > Done installing, wine is now located in ${INSTALL_PATH}.
> > >
> > > Any clues to what's causing this?
> > >

> > Do you have the X windows development package installed?
> >
> > John
>

> John,
> I have x11-proto-devel  &
> x11-server-devel  installed
>
> Are there more?
>
> Jim

Finally got the compile to work.  Had to setup up a repository pointing to "testing" then manually installed Libgcrypt & Libgnutls.

Also made three changes to Zac's script
1) Changed to version to 1.1.2
2) Changed the install path to where wine was installed on my system
3) Change the last statement so that the echo statement properly displays where wine is installed.  There's a misplaced quote mark in that statement causing the  ${INSTALL_PATH} statement to be treated as a literal versus a variable like it should.

Jim