[Wine] Syberia I Game on Wine 1.0

One1980 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Aug 7 13:28:23 CDT 2008

Hello @ All,

I have a simple Problem - thats what I am thinking :) But I don't know how to solve it.

There are two possibilities to start the game. The first ist in the window-mode and the second is in full-screen-mode.

When I start the game in the window-mode I can hear the music of the game but see nothing more than a black window. On the terminal it will show the following:

Code:
fixme:msvcrt:msvcrt_get_flags :unknown flag w not supported
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33e900,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:WineD3D_ChoosePixelFormat Add OpenGL context recreation support to SetDepthStencilSurface
fixme:d3d:WineD3D_ChoosePixelFormat Add OpenGL context recreation support to SetDepthStencilSurface
fixme:d3d:WineD3D_ChoosePixelFormat Add OpenGL context recreation support to SetDepthStencilSurface
fixme:d3d:WineD3D_ChoosePixelFormat Add OpenGL context recreation support to SetDepthStencilSurface
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from 32 to 16
fixme:d3d:WineD3D_ChoosePixelFormat Add OpenGL context recreation support to SetDepthStencilSurface
err:d3d:WineD3D_ChoosePixelFormat Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat
fixme:d3d:WineD3D_ChoosePixelFormat Add OpenGL context recreation support to SetDepthStencilSurface
fixme:msvcrt:msvcrt_get_flags :unknown flag w not supported

When I start the game in full-screen-mode, I see the game and I hear all. But the problem is, that it seems that my real screen resolution is to small for the full-screen resolution. That means the boarders of the game are outside of my real screen :(

Do you know how I can play the game?

Thank you all

Matt