[Wine] I think I messed up DirectDraw.

DOS4dinner wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Aug 7 17:24:13 CDT 2008

I tried to run a demo of Hype: The time quest (Windows 95/98, uses directX6 or some glide3 for 3D stuff) to see if it would work. It installed, but comes up with a weird "Cannot find a game using directdraw" error. I uninstalled it and went about my way. While it would be cool to have this run, that is not my main problem.

Now, I cannot run Jazz Jackrabbit 2 (also windows 95/98--runs flawlessly in Wine normally), which I know ran perfectly before. Now, it does run, but the screen is completely messed up with red squares and messed up graphics. Along with this come a bunch of fixme DirectDraw errors. I get the feeling that the Hype demo overwrote some DirectX stuff or just started messing with things in general. Oddly enough, Moonbase commander (windows XP)still works. Is there some way I can check if my copy of Wine is messed up, and if so, is there a way to fix it?
(using Latest version of Wine in Ubuntu 8.04, if needed)