[Wine] 2 Problems with new Games (COD4 & CnC3)

cyberfox33 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 9 18:02:26 CDT 2008

Hey,
I tried to install 2 new Games in Wine; Call of Duty 4 and C&C 3 Tiberium Wars. Both of them make Problems (Other Games like GTA San Andreas and Crashday runs fine).

C&C 3 start, but I don't have a Cursor. It's Invisible. I tried some Options in Wine and searched an Option to set the Mouse from HW-Cursor to SW-Cursor, but it hasn't a function for that (but I think that's the Problem).

in Call of Duty 4 I can't start the Game because he have a Problem to Iniitialize the Miles Sound System and it means, I haven't enough memory for the DirectX9 code path or there's a Problem with the Drivers.

Both Games aber in the AppDB marked as runable, and I'm not very good in Linux (use it since the last Windows Crash) to resolve the Problems on myself.

My System:
Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex (Need the new Kernel for my HDD Controller)
Intel Core2Duo E6600 @ 3.0ghz
DDR2-667  6144mb
MSI P45 Platinum Mainboard
nVidia GeForce 9800 GX2 (Driver Version 177 Beta)

It's completely updated and all system Resources are supported. My Wine Version is the current 1.0.