[Wine] ElderScrolls - case-sensitivity, many of the same file

Zachary Goldberg zgold550 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 11:10:29 CDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 10:46 AM, D3RGPS31 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Because, I'm not on windows, I'm on Linux using Wine, as you should know, Linux filenames are case-sensitive... Windows are not. As you look at my example, you'll see files, with the same names, different cases, being used. How is it decided which file will be used when the plugin for the application calls TX_SKIN?

As far as you or I are concerned, its chance.  In reality it depends
how the app calls it, where the app gets that filename from etc..  If
its from the FS as it was said before then it depends on your
filesystem driver, if its in the app then its some sort of weird
setting which could depend on 100 factors of which we have no idea.

_IF_ you're experiencing weird behavior that you think is based on
this problem then my suggestion is to pick one of the two files that
you believe is the right one (likely the more recently written one),
and get rid of (always backup first) the old one.  On windows the
newer one would have overwritten the older one so this should be a
safe thing to do.

--Zach