[Wine] Red Faction will not setup

eodmule wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 10 16:45:58 CDT 2008

I know, Red Faction probably wasn't the most exciting game made but I like it. I have one copy on my Windows machine that my wife and kids use and the other copy of Red Faction with Ubuntu 8.04 on my laptop.

The game installed flawlessly and starts right up. It opens the main panel and will not start the game until I click on "Setup" and setup the video, sound and a few other settings. After clicking "Setup" it goes to the setup menu and clicking on anything at that point causes the game to crash and the window disappears.

If anyone can help me get Red Faction setup so I can play the dang thing I would greatly appreciate it.