[Wine] Re: Multiple Users

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 10 17:58:30 CDT 2008

Joonas Sarajärvi wrote:
> Is there any common solution to the problem of two users wishing to
> use the same piece of software? For example, many games let different
> players share hiscores and other game history, like towns in SimCity.

No Wine can't do that. You can only share files read only. Not read/write. And of course you can not share registry otherwise it will become corrupted.
Each of your users have to have their own separate copy of ~/.wine directory.

Joonas Sarajärvi wrote:
> Many programs are also very large when installed, so I'd like to avoid
> installing multiple copies.

The only thing you can share are the executables that are not modified. Use symlinks. But everything else have to be duplicated.