[Wine] Re: ElderScrolls - case-sensitivity, many of the same file

jorl17 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Aug 11 16:29:48 CDT 2008

Naybe you could do what I suggested when extracting mods:

Get some 7ZIP or such (I haven't checked if it works), but that should make the calls to files go through WINE that'll handle the case.

Of course it'll slow down things, but I think that if that problem exists, it can be fixed like this.

Or just extract to a temporary folder, then make a script to lower-case or upper-case everything and run this script on both the temp folder and the destination folder. After that move temp into dest and it _shpuld_ work.

Just a suggestion.

Oh and:

> Right. But here's most likely what happened:
>
> User installs game, comes with some file called TX_Skin.
>
> Installs mod/update that comes with a new file, called tx_SKIN.
>
> In windows, tx_SKIN would replace TX_Skin, but under wine, they can coexist.
>
> Now, when run under wine, it's ambiguous which is chosen.

I realised that after re-reading my own ost, that's whgy I edited it and gave the last suggestion :) Thanks.