[Wine] Re: Multiple Users

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 12 09:05:01 CDT 2008

slick666 wrote:
> I'm going to try sym-linking not the .wine dir but some of data files that constitute most of the data.

You can do that only if these files are not modified. Which also means you can symlink whole directories if their content is not modified.

dimesio wrote:
> You could create a separate account just for Wine use and give everyone the password.

You can do that if only one user running it at a time. Each WINEPREFIX can run on only one DISPLAY at a time. I'm assuming his users are using remote X / VNC to run the apps.