[Wine] X11 drive is missing; wine 0.9.53

akplm79 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 13 11:25:15 CDT 2008

Hello to everyone,
I 'm trying to install wine 0.9.53 on my ubuntu hardy to get Guitar rig 2 right with lowlatency kernel. So i think this could be a right version..

I installed it with a .deb version ( i took it on this site) after i satisfied a dependency ( i think LIBLIP2: but i'm not sure...).
But when i try to launch it from terminal this is the response:

Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
The X11 driver is missing.  Check your build!
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
The X11 driver is missing.  Check your build!
err:ole:apartment_createwindowifneeded CreateWindow failed with error 126

What can i do? i need to try this wine version: first i need to play guitar rig 2 with realtime options of jack but with other wine version jack crash!

so...thankx