[Wine] Re: FS Host runs but can not connect connect flights

Dangerousdave26 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 13 21:21:32 CDT 2008

After furture testing i have determined that the problem is Direct Play.

In the Network tab in the DirectX Diagnostic Program there is a "Test Direct Play" button. If I launch the test on my Windows PC and host the session there it works. The Directx Diagnostic program connects from the Ubuntu server running Wine and both sides can communicate messages to and from.

However when I host the session on the Ubuntu server the windowsPc can see the session but never connects to it.

When I run Wireshark on both PC's I see the traffic and communications from both PC's even when they will not connect.

I have followed the suggestions from here http://wiki.winehq.org/DirectPlayGames and no joy.

I really feel that because I can see both sides talking when they do not connect that it is real close to working but I just don't know what is stopping it.