[Wine] Nothing seems to work when using Wine.

The Beanjamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 15 11:03:15 CDT 2008

Hello,

I downloaded Wine 1.0.0 today for Ubuntu 8.04, but nothing seems to work like it should. I've tried to install several games, none of them works, and they all do one of the following:
1) It looks like it's loading like it should, but then the screen tears apart and I see a lot of blue lines which are about 5 millimeters thick on my screen. This makes it impossible to do anything.
2) The screen is split in halves. The left half then tries to show the full width of  the screen, which fails, making everything unreadable. The other half of the screen is just black.

As one of these symptoms always happens, I'm thinking that it's my Wine installation rather than the games causing these problems.

I'd also like to add that I'm also new to Linux and Wine.

I hope anyone can help me, any help is appreciated.