[Wine] Re: FS Host runs but can not connect connect flights

Dangerousdave26 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 16 09:10:02 CDT 2008

I did a clean install of wine (not the whole OS yet)

I reinstalled DX placed the .dll files dpnsock.dll and dpnmodem.dll in the system32 folder.

Now dpnet.dll registers without a problem.

But I still have the same issue {insert explative here}

Again when I host the DirectPlay test in the dxdiag.exe network tab it fails to connect to my other PC when in deed the other PC can see the session.

I don't really understand how to use the information on the link you posted I am still somewhat new to Linux. I can follow the instructions until I get to the part about selecting the mirror. From there I am kind of lost.

My guess is that because it is referred to as a script that I should be able to execute it and have it run automatically but I don't know how to do that or where the script would end.

Has anyone been able to test DirectPlay hosting it on a Linux box running in Wine and gotten it to work?

I guess it would not be an issue if you are trying to connect from the Linux box to a Windows PC but my intent is to Host FS Flights on my server.

Very frustrating right now but I know I am very close.