[Wine] I WANT to be a wine user.

Colin Sharpe colinmeister at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 18 06:25:51 CDT 2008

Hello,

      I spent time this weekend trying to compile wine on my home computer.  The machine is a Sun Microsystems X86 box running Solaris 10 operating system.  I have the freeware including gmake and gcc installed and in the path.

I managed to get ./configure to run, but had to use --exclude-network-build and --exclude-pp-build or something like that to make it work.

make depend && make comes to a halt, saying something about not being able to find git.  I downloaded the git package from Sun and installed it in /usr/local.  The files seem to reside in /usr/local/bin, so I added that to the path, but still no luck.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

TIA, Colin Sharpe.