[Wine] dissapearing windows!!

petay wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 19 07:22:41 CDT 2008

Hi

I am trying my best to be able to use linux full time for work, however there is an application that i need to use to allow remote support for our software applications.

We have a custom made application that acts as a server on your machine, the clients then connect to you for the remote support.

The application runs with wine, and while it shows an incorrect IP address it appears to work. It opens the connection and the client is able to connect. This connection is reflected in the programs log and by a beep made by the program. i should then be able to choose to view the clients desktop from the server side, however the window dissapears!! It is still running as clients are still able to connect and the log file gets updated with all the new connections, but i can not see the window.

I have tried using alt + tab to see if its minimised itself and no joy there
i have tried launching it from the terminal to see if any tell tale mesages are posted there and still no joy

so i thought i would ask the experts!!!

i am using wine version 1.0 obtained via synaptic on ubuntu 8.04.1 running kernel 2.6.24-19-generic

Thanks in advance

Pete