[Wine] Re: Wine on Asus EEE

K4Z00 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 19 08:34:48 CDT 2008

Dyscea wrote:
> after sudo apt-get update, i get this at the end:
>
> Code:
> W: GPG error: http://updates.xepc.org p701 Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 36E9E3DE1ACBEB0D
> W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
>

> so when i do apt-cache policy wine, it says Installed (none).  I've done it before, except I had to reset my eee to factor settings, now none of the googled instructions i found works all the way.
>
> help? :)

you can safely ignore that error message
apt-cache policy will say none installed
unless you have previously tried WINE
it is double check to make sure
the correct repo is being used
(ie that the previous instructions were followed)

follow the instructions through
it is sudo apt-get install wine that does the install
having checked you are about to install the correct version