[Wine] World of Warcraft segmentation fault

yaturner wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 20 04:22:45 CDT 2008

I recently upgraded to a new hard disk and installed Kubuntu Hardy from scratch, I installed the latest version of wine 1.1.2 and tried to run World of Warcraft. I immediately get a segmentation fault with no other messages. I have tried installing a fresh copy of Warcraft from the install media with the same result. I also tried backing up to 1.1.1 with the same results and a fresh copy of .wine, notepad, Photoshop CS2 etc. all run just fine.

Any ideas as to what could be wrong? Warcraft ran perfectly with my old hard disk.

Update: uname -a yields

Linux Guardian 2.6.24-19-generic #1 SMP Fri Jul 11 21:01:46 UTC 2008 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I am on a AMD64, did I manage to install the wrong Kubuntu?