[Wine] ATI (rv350) + open-source driver + wine gaming issues

fake shaan.gate at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 01:39:14 CDT 2008

In some games I saw an option to use opengl instead of directx output.

It is also worth trying "AccelMethod" "EXA" (this is the method which is
better supported with the open-source driver) and removing options like
"BackingStore" "DynamicClocks" "VideoRam" and in that case
"XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" of course.
The defaults are usually fine. I have none of these set - just the driver
and AccelMethod.

But then again - I don't have the games you have...

Look through the file /var/log/Xorg.0.log for warnings and such...

There is a link for it

http://www.wineclubdirectory.net  Wine Club