[Wine] WAR Beta Installer issues

Armenius wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Aug 21 20:19:59 CDT 2008

After downloading the torrent for WAR Beta, I'm trying to open "setup.exe" with Wine. Almost immediately this error message is given:

Code:
Warhammer installer requires later DirectX components than are installed. Warhammer Installer will now exit.

Don't panic, you will be brought to Microsoft's DirectX page for a Web Install of the lastest DirectX. Please rerun the Warhammer Installer after DirectX Installation.

Anyone had any luck running WAR Beta with Wine? I'd really like to be able to enjoy the Preview weekend that starts tomorrow  :D.