[Wine] Mac OSX (10.5) & wine w/ OpenGL - Info & Issues

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 22 16:10:45 CDT 2008

vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org> at Aug 22, 2008 1:20 PM (MST) wrote about [Wine]  Re: Mac OSX (10.5) & wine w/ OpenGL - Info & Issues

>netherby wrote:
>> At this point I'm out of ideas.. Will the version of glx provided simply not work with wine, even though it has the required function symbols? I'm hoping someone that knows what I'm talking about can provide some insight and ideas =)
>

>That's right Mac's OpenGL (or more precisely X server) doesn't work with Wine. You need Xorg's version of X. http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX/FAQs

This is very true if you have the stock Leopard's X11 installed.  You need to get the version produced by the XQuartz for MacForge version.  Their home page is at http://xquartz.macosforge.org

Get the latest/greatest version and install it AFTER installing or verifying that X11 is installed on your Mac.

This may help in clearing up and OpenGL problems you are having.

James McKenzie