[Wine] How to run a program with swedish characters in the path?

ess wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Aug 25 13:08:58 CDT 2008

I have a program called "Dieselråttor & Sjömansmöss" (Dieselrats and sailormice - a kids game). Installing this does not work, the installer does not complain but the folder in c:\Program Files is not created. According to installer it should be c:\Program Files\PAN Vision\Dieselråttor & Sjömansmöss

I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the non ascii characters after performing a little experiment: I tried to change the install path to something without the å and ö i the name. This resulted in creation of the folder in c:\Program Files but none of the subsequent content.

Operating system: Linux/Gentoo
Wine version: same result with 0.9.61 and 1.0

/Ess