[Wine] Re: Wine and Gnome menus...

louie928 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 26 01:05:48 CDT 2008

mdevour,
If it's any consolation for you, I have about the same problem with no Wine application menus in Gnome. I can install programs under Wine. Most do not show up anywhere. I can find the .exe file in .Wine\ drive_c:\Program Files, right click on it and open it with "Wine Windows Program Loader". A few programs will put a launcer on the desktop when they install, but I'd rather not have so much desktop clutter. Going to menu, Applications, Tools, Emulators, Wine, I can configure WIne with Configurator, and there is a menu choice for "Program Manager" , but it is empty. I can't add anything to it.

Wine version is 1.13
Linux is Mandriva 2008.1 x86_64
Desktop is Gnome

Did you figure this out, or dump Wine and move on.

Louie